Friday, December 28, 2012

Good Morning

Hi all! Sorry it's been awhile since I wrote. I went to my doctor yesterday for my depression I have had at night. I actually bought my best friend to me doctors appointment. He has been my rock since I have been diagnosed and he has been great. We used to date but now just really good friends. I encourage you to bring someone to the doctors with you that you can trust. It will really help you and help you if you need someone to talk to.

My new medication is called Effexor for my depression. I take 37.5 once daily for a week then take 2 daily. I am still on the clonidine which like I said has been a wonder for me. I take seroquel 400 at night. That has really helped but it does make you sleepy. I have been trying to get my sleep schedule back on track. Klonopin has been very helpful for my panic attacks. One of my triggers is the grocery store for some reason. I HATE going. However Klonopin is addictive and my doctor wants to wean me off in spring but we will see. I see my Psychologist every 2 weeks.

Christmas was crazy. Parts were really good, others were hard. We have a Christmas village about 45 min away from where I live, and I go every year even though its really for children. It makes me happy seeing the lights and the kids excited. My grandfather started going with me every year. He died in February, so it was hard looking at the village this year with out him. I have pictures that we took every year and this year there were no pictures. I miss him very much.

I still would love to start a bipolar chapter and mental illness in my area, but its difficult to do when most people hide the disease. I have had some people write me telling me they are happy I write this blog, but at the same time, I know it's hard to come out. For me it took 7 years for me to come clean. Ten I had to admit my substance abuse with percocets and that was hard too.

Again, I am sure some people think I am crazy, but this blog puts me at peace. I am just like anyone else. My issues just are different. I think we can all admit that we have some issues despite whether we go to the doctor or not. As always, I encourage everyone who reads this to contact me personally, to talk. My Facebook page is Katie Quinn. My current picture is me with a Santa hat with my hands on my chin if you can't find me. I know there is a lot of Katie Quinn's. My email is katiequinn20@yahoo.com. I can send you my phone number for you to text. I just want you to know I am there.

Love to One and All

Katie Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment