Saturday, December 22, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Good Morning Good Morning,

I hope all is doing well today. I for one was so tired last night that I fell asleep sitting up. Guess that's what happens when you can'' sleep the night before. I for one know its best for me if I fall asleep on a regular sleep schedule. It really helps. I have some awesome iPhone apps if anyone is interested in seeing how the well you sleep at night.

I found this quote to be interesting:

“I now know for certain that my mind and emotions, my fix on the real and my family's well-being, depend on just a few grams of salt. But treatment's the easy part. Without honesty, without a true family reckoning, that salt's next to worthless.”
David Lovelace, Scattershot: My Bipolar Family

I always think about people as different snowflakes. Each one is made in it's own special way. Some are thick and fluffy, and other's touch your cheek and disappear. Believe it or not, but 5.6 million people have been diagnosed with some sort of Bi-Polar disorder and that's just the people who have been diagnosed and usually are diagnosed around the age of 25. But I think of Bipolar as a common name like fruit. For goodness sakes how many fruits are there? Some taste really sweet, some are really bitter. Some have seeds, some you have to cook before you can eat. Being Bi-Polar is different for each person just like any mental illness. Not all Bi Polar people act the same, in fact just like a fruit, we are all different inside.We each handle our disease or what medications work for us and us only. I happen to love oranges but have never been a fan of pears. Talk with your doctor to see what meds work for you. It may take several different trials, but none the less at some point you should find something that works for you.

Carrie Fisher wrote: “When I was 24, someone suggested to me that I was Bi-Polar, and I thought that was ridiculous.I just thought he was trying to get out of treating me. But what he was also responding to the chaotic nature of my life”.

I thought this would be an appropriate time to name just SOME of the more famous people who were to believe they had bi-polar or currently have it themselves:

Kurt Cobain, Rosemary Clooney, DMX, Robert Downey Jr., Patty Duke, Macy Gray, Mel Gibson, Linda Hamilton, Ernest Hemmingway, Jessee Jackson Jr., Demi Lovato, Sir Isaac Newton (schizophrenia), Cheri Oteri (SNL), Axl Rose, Edgar Allen Poe, Frank Sinatra, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Scott Weilend (STP), Amy Whinehouse, Catherine Zeta-Jones... and about a thousand more but these are more known names than some others...

So when your feeling sad and depressed and you don't know why or what is going on, think about all these people who are suffering from Bi-Polar disease. If you are having rapid mood swings, or you feel anxiety to a point where it interferes with your daily day, please seek out a Psychologist and therapist. NO one needs to know what your going for or why your there. But you need to do yourself a favor and realize that you can't handle this all on your own.

I know you can't because I have tried and it drove me to drink and do pain killers. Trust me, that's not the life you want to have. I still pray that although I am 28, I will find someone who accepts me as I am and have a child that I pray doesn't not have Bi-Polar. However, I know God will not hand me something that I can't handle myself.

Love to One and All,

I hope this helped,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment