Sunday, January 6, 2013

12:00AM, 2:00AM, 4:00AM, 5:30AM and now 8:00AM...

It's 8:00 Am on a Sunday and I am wide awake. Is this normal? For some yes, but for me know. Ughhh. I hate the nights when I can't get into a good sleep. I thought I'd quote something from the BiPolar Workbook about these situations, if you have ever felt this way.

Decreased need for sleep:

Ifnyoumhave this symptom, you will find yourself feeling rated even though you are sleeping less than usual at night.myou may have trouble getting to sleep, whit when youmfinallymdo,youmsleepmfewer hours than is normal for you. Or you might find yourselfmwkaingmup much earlier than usual and being wide awake and unablemtomgomback to sleep. If you usually get 7-8 hours of sleep,that amount might be reduced to 4 or 5 hours. Some people find they can't fall asleepmwhentheybare manic. What makes it a symptom of mania is that you have enough energy to make it through the day even though you are sleeping less. In this sense it's different  from he insomnia people experience when stressed or depressed. In those cases less sleep (like myself) feeling exhausted. In mania, sometimes people do not feel the need to sleep until they have gone several days without it.

Right now, I am not going through mania, but yet for the past couple days I just can't seem to sleep to entire night. It is extremely annoying and even as I write this, my eyes want to go back to sleep. So am I exhausted yes. Can I change that this second, no. I am going to try to lay down and hopefully will write more later. After some sleep.

Talk to you soon,

Katie Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment