Sunday, January 13, 2013

My opinion on gun control....

Good Afternoon,

I apologize for not writing yesterday, as I spent it with one of my families. I wanted to touch base on the Assault Ban issue. I really don't want to get into my opinion as I am so heated about the issue. The reason I want to touch base on this position, is I was just watching CNN, I am a politics junkie, anyway, he stated " it's the people with mental issues that are the problem, not the guns". How DARE he say that. You know, many people have mental issues and this is what carries the stigma and why people won't go and get help because their afraid to admit they have a problem.

There are millions of people who have issues mental or not. The only way people will get the proper help is that they accept the fact they have a problem and go and get help. But that damn stigma gets in the way. I was wondering if anyone has seen the movie Silver Linings with Bradley Cooper in it. I haven't yet but will be seeing it shortly.

People with mental or physical illness suffer. The only difference is people feel bad with physical illnesses because its something that can't be seen. 26 adults and children were killed in Sandy Hook. According to the news the mother, was going to commit her son cause she knew he had a problem. Maybe if he knew what he was feeling was not normal, and that going for help would be the answer, not killing. But I often think was he scared to talk to someone? Was he bullied because of his differences? How long was this going on?

I am not an advocate of a killer. I am an advocate of helping people who have the issues, to get the help they need. We need to stop the "stigma" and embrace those people so they get the help they need. It's time that the world, focuses on Mental Illness as an Illness, just like any other Illness someone might have, just in the brain. Like Autism, has become a huge illness that we focus on, we need to focus on the other mental illnesses as well. Stop making fun or bullying so that people can get treatment. and a stigma to not be an issue anymore.

Love One and All,

Katie Quinn

No comments:

Post a Comment