Sunday, January 6, 2013

Why we aren't Happy?

I apologize for the early morning post if it didn't make much sense. as you can see I had a rough night sleep last night and I hate when that happens. Ugh so frustrating. I don't feel like I am manic but this is the second night in a week where I had horrible sleep. But like I said before, I am going to try to not take medications if I don't have to, so last night I did not take any of my Ambien, I just dealt with the restlessness.

Well we are almost at 1700 views to this blog and I feel so blessed considering I have only wrote about 20 post. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Don't forget, this blog is just not on bipolar but mental illness as well including how to deal with depression so please share this with friends who may be stressed wth family situations, or even still in college. Like I have said, if there is a specific topic you would like me to blog about, please let me know,and if I have any information on it, I will write about it.

Funny thing I have noticed, is those of you who have commented on my blog are total strangers. Not close friends and family. I mean some have, just not alot. I wonder if they feel bad because they didn't know what I was going through, or mad at me for exposing myself for Katie the true person. I am not angry and like I said before I am not looking for praise. This is simply a blog that tells about my day to day struggles with a mental illness that has a stigma and is not usually talked about, so hear I am.

I'd love to hear some of e stories and thoughts that happen to you on a day to day basis. I struggle with my ups and down with depression and trying to focus on avoiding my triggers. Being alone is also a trigger for me, how about you? I find being alone makes me focus on myself and think of the negative things and try to change them to positive. When I am really down and angry, like you have seen in blogs before, I try to remind myself that I have a house in which I can lay my head. I have a comfortable bed I sleep in each night. I have food in my belly and clean water to drink, things in other nations don't have.

Do you realize that although the USA is known as one of the best places to live on earth due to our democracy and freesdoms, yet we only rank 11 in being the happiest nation?  I suggest you read this article:

Or look up on Google, why is the USA not so happy. Is it because we are constantly running. 
Everything is at a fast pace. Do you  realize in Europe many countries give their employees over 
6 weeks of vacation  a year?! Some countries pay for their healthcare.

Anyway, it is a sad shame we rank so low, and maybe that's why people are unhappy. Right now our 
economy has gone to shit and people are praying to keep their job. Even if they hate it because
 they have family at home, with kids to feed. College is so expected,and I'd you have 
a child and god bless you if you have more than one child because the thought of paying for college
is scary. I know, I still have student loans to pay.

Anyways, I think part of a way to become happy into focus on the blessings we have. If you 
can count just on one hand true friends and family, not acquaintances, than I think your pretty lucky.

I hope everyone has a HAPPY day today and I look forward hearing your feedback lets go for 2000
Views!!!

Love One and All,

KatienQuinn


No comments:

Post a Comment